Making sure that seniors receive the right sustenance is one of the most important things that ensures that they will continue to lead happy and healthy lives. There are a number of solutions for this, making it more convenient than ever for seniors to get the proper nutrition that they need.
While food delivery for seniors is a great option, many grocery stores also offer discounts and special deals for senior citizens. This makes fresh ingredients more accessible for those who would rather prepare home-cooked meals. Seniors can get these discounts, cut back on their budgets, get active while shopping for ingredients, and enjoy a hearty and delicious meal.
- Piggly Wiggly offers 5% off every Wednesday for those aged 60+
- Safeway offers discounts, coupons, and rewards for just for U cardholders
- Fred Meyer offers 10% off on chosen items every first Tuesday of the month for those aged 55+
- New Seasons Market offers 10% off on most of their items every Wednesday for those aged 65+
- Publix offers weekly savings and deals for Club Publix cardholders
- Hy-Vee offers 5% off every Wednesday for those aged 55+ or who have their Senior Citizen Discount Club card
- Albertsons offers 10% off on every first Wednesday of the month in several locations for those aged 55+
- DeCicco Family Markets offers 5% off every Wednesday for those aged 60+
- Compare Foods Supermarket offers 10% off every Wednesday for those aged 60+
- Harris Teeter offers 5% off every Thursday for those aged 60+
- Kroger has a number of locations that offer Senior Days where seniors get 10% off their purchases
- Fry’s Supermarkets and Marketplaces offers 10% off every first Wednesday of the month for those aged 55+ who are part of their free Fry’s VIP Club.
Want to learn more about what senior discounts you can get? Check out the rest of Senior Strong's resources today!