The Department of Veterans Affairs reports that there are over 9 million veterans enrolled in VA healthcare programs. After their military service, the VA wants to make sure that veterans have access to the health care and housing they need to live healthy and productive lives. These benefits can also help elderly veterans with financial difficulties.
Documents Needed to Apply for Veterans Benefits
You need to gather few documents before filling out the application, which include the following:
- Military discharge papers
- Social Security numbers of those who will be covered
- Insurance history
- Gross household income from your previous year’s tax return
- Deductible expenses for the previous year’s tax return
How To Apply For Veteran Benefits
There are several ways you can apply for veteran’s benefits.
- Apply Over Call: Call at (877) 222-8386
- Apply Via Email: Fill out the form VA-Form 10-10EZ and mail it to Health Eligibility Center, 2957 Clairmont Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30329. You can also visit to the center and apply personally
- Professional Help: There are accredited representatives who can assist veterans with their healthcare benefits applications. This can help you make fewer mistakes on the application. To locate one, go to the eBenefits website and search by ZIP code, or look for a VA-approved group in your area.
Senior Strong has more resources to help seniors make the most of their day-to-day life after retirement. Check out the rest of our blog today!
Was this article helpful?