There are all sorts of benefits of traveling for seniors, from giving them a boost in confidence, to keeping them active. While there are different types of fancy travel packages and luxury tours for senior citizens, you can still reap these benefits with a good old fashioned road trip.
If you feel that you would rather go to a new destination, and rent a car to get out and explore, you will be happy to know that several car rental agencies, like Hertz and Avis, offer senior discounts.
Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Hertz has a Hertz Fifty Plus Program for individuals aged 50+, which gives you up to 20% off.
- Sixt offers discounts on their luxury car rentals for individuals aged 50+.
- E-Z Rent A Car offers a 10% discount to individuals who are 50+ who reserve online and use their coupon code.
- Thrifty has a Silver Club which allows you to save 5% on your time and mileage charges if you are aged 50+.
- Payless Car Rentals offers 5% off on base rates daily, weekly, monthly, or on weekends. If you are a member of the AARP, then you can also avail of a free upgrade for compact up until full-sized car bookings.
- Alamo has a Senior Circle membership for individuals aged 50+.
- Budget Rent A Car offers 30% off for members of the AARP.
- Avis also offers 30% off on base rates for members of the AARP.
Also, if you are a member of the Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC), you may be able to save up to 25% on car rental services as they partner with Car Rental 8. You will also have priority bookings, price matching, upgrades, and the like.
Senior discounts aren’t only present in the car rental industry. Check out the rest of our resources and find out more about other hotel senior discounts you can get today!
Elizabeth Kogut works as the editorial head of Senior Strong. Armed with her degree in Nursing from the University of Missouri, Elizabeth ensures that all the site’s content is relevant to seniors today.