The specific age for senior citizens varies depending on who’s asking, especially in terms of senior discounts. In Colorado, many establishments offer discounts for AARP members, of which you need to be at least 50 to obtain membership. However, most other places in Colorado offer discounts for seniors who are at least 55 or 60.
Here are some of these establishments:
- Ben & Jerry’s offers 10% off for seniors aged 60+.
- McDonalds has drink discounts for seniors aged 55+.
- Steak ‘n Shake offers 10% off on Mondays and Tuesdays for seniors aged 50+.
- JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores offers 20% off on some days for seniors aged 55+.
- Michaels offers 10% off your whole purchase for seniors aged 55+ who have a Michaels rewards account.
- Chili’s offers 10% off for seniors aged 55+.
- Village Inn Restaurant offers 10% any drink or meal for seniors aged 60+.
- Goodwill offers 15% off every Wednesday for seniors aged 55+
- IHOP offers a senior menu for seniors aged 55+, and a 10% discount in most branches.
- RTD offers half-price on their fares for all rail lines and buses for seniors aged 65+.
- Chick-Fil-A offers 10% off together with free small drinks for seniors aged 55+.
- AMC Movie Theaters offers senior prices for seniors aged 60+ who book tickets online.
- KFC gives seniors aged 55+ a free small drink, but some branches also offer 10% off.
- Jack In The Box offers 20% off your order if you are 55+. The discount may differ per branch.
- Kohl’s offers 15% off every Wednesday for seniors aged 60+.
- Landmark Theatres offers discounted senior prices for seniors aged 62+.
- A&W All American Food offers discounts for seniors aged 55+.
- Arby’s offers 10% off for seniors aged 55+.
If you want to learn more about senior discounts, check out the rest of Senior Strong’s resources today!