As you begin to age, your oral health may decline. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a big number of older Americans do not have dental insurance, and those who are economically disadvantaged or are minorities may have the poorest dental health. With this in mind, we have created this list of some of the best places to get free dental care:
- Community Dental Events - Often offered through a first-come, first-serve basis with a maximum number of people, you may be able to get free dental care from these events. In some cases, you may even get free learning materials and supplies.
- Dental Schools - Dentists-in-training need to complete certain requirements to gain their degrees, so you may be able to get x-rays, fillings, and cleanings done for free.
- Dental Lifeline Network - Dental Lifeline Network is a nonprofit organization that has comprehensive dental services for those in need. It is great for older adults and is also free of charge.
- Veteran Affairs Dental Insurance Program - Veterans may be able to qualify for dental benefits from local VA clinics or from the US Department of Veteran Affairs. Sometimes, you may even be able to receive full coverage.
- Dentistry From The Heart - This nonprofit organization offers free dental care to low-income individuals and those in need. They usually have sponsored events where you can avail of these services.
These five options are great places to start if you are in need of free dental care. You can also check out some of our resources on dental care for seniors. Contact Senior Strong today!
Was this article helpful?