As a family member providing dementia care for a loved one, you are aware of the challenges involved. Here are some of the best motivational quotes to encourage you to keep moving through each day with compassion, understanding, and love for your loved one with dementia.
1. “It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.” – Mother Teresa
2. "We remember their love when they can no longer remember."
3. "Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn't know possible." – Tia Walker
4. "Remember, the dementia patient is not giving you a hard time. The dementia patient is having a hard time."
5. "Persons living with dementia are usually capable of more than we can imagine." – Bob DeMarco
6. "Those with dementia are still people and they still have stories and they still have character and they're all individuals and they're all unique. And they just need to be interacted with on a human level." – Carey Mulligan
7. "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything." – Irish Proverb
8. "If there's one thing I've learned in my years on this planet, it's that the happiest and most fulfilled people are those who devoted themselves to something bigger and more profound than merely their own self-interest." – John Glenn
9. "One person caring about another represents life's greatest value." – Jim Rohn
10. "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." – Emory Austin
11. "Sometimes it takes more courage to ask for help than to act alone." – Ken Petti
12. “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne, Singer
13. “There are only four kinds of people in the world. Those who have been caregivers. Those who are currently caregivers. Those who will be caregivers, and those who will need a caregiver.” – Rosalyn Carter
Check out Senior Strong’s blog section for more dementia-related resources.