Are you getting that wanderlust itch? Want to get out and travel once again? There are actually numerous benefits of travel for seniors, from keeping them physically and mentally active to enhancing their confidence and improving their overall health.
There are already several travel options and tour groups that have been designed with seniors in mind. But if you would rather do your own thing, then you will be happy to know that lots of popular hotels of different price ranges offer hotel discounts for senior citizens and members of retirement organizations.
- Choice Hotels (and chains like EconoLodge, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion, etc) offer 10% off on advanced reservations for seniors aged 60+
- In some locations, Kimpton Hotels offer special discount for senior members of the AARP
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts offer 15% off for seniors aged 55+
- Marriott (and its international destinations) offer 15% off for seniors aged 62+
- Wyndham Hotel Group (and its hotels like Days Inn, Travelodge, Ramada, Microtel, etc) offer discounted stays for seniors aged 60+
- Crowne Plaza Hotels offer discounts to members of the AARP or seniors who belong to another retirement organization
- Holiday Inn Hotels offer discounted rates for members of the AARP if you book on their website
- Red Roof Inns offers 10% off for seniors aged 59+
- Candlewood Suites offers discounts when you call to inquire, for members of a retirement organization or seniors aged 62+
- Hilton Hotels offer special discounted rates for members of the AARP
- The Ritz-Carlton sometimes has special discounts on their website for members of a retirement organization
- Omni Hotels offers 10% off for seniors aged 55+
- Motel 6 offers 10% off for seniors aged 60+
There are a host of other discounts available for seniors in a variety of other industries. Check out Senior Strong’s resources on senior discounts today!
Elizabeth Kogut works as the editorial head of Senior Strong. Armed with her degree in Nursing from the University of Missouri, Elizabeth ensures that all the site’s content is relevant to seniors today.